Let’s start with a bit of context: I host Gladys and Frigate on a Rock64 (ROCK64 - PINE64), which is a rather basic CPU backed by 4GB of memory. For Gladys, it « does the job. » For Frigate, on the other hand, it seems rather compromised. Here is the load status when Frigate is in « detection » mode:
Additionally, Frigate doesn’t detect anything, and that’s where I wonder if my Frigate configuration is correct. The instructions for installing and configuring the integration are very precise (but I admit they are a bit complex for a beginner), however, I followed Claude’s basic instructions to configure a test camera…
I’ll start by trying to find a Coral USB, configure it, and reduce the CPU load before going any further…
One thing is certain, the Coral will greatly relieve your CPU!!
It’s still important, especially since you already have Gladys on it, which suffers from this high load during Frigate detections
If it can help you, here is my Frigate config, on a server without a TPU.
The trick is to perform detection on a lower quality image and on a limited number of images per second. I didn’t invent anything, Claude did it for me.