External integration - SolarEdge

Hello everyone :sun:

I’d like to introduce SolarEdge, an external integration for solar installations equipped with a SolarEdge inverter. It has been in the catalog for a few months, but I never presented it here. Version 1.1.0, which comes with the Gladys 5.1 dashboard widgets, is the perfect opportunity.

What it offers

  • up to four devices, depending on your installation: Solar Production, Consumption, Grid (signed power: + drawn / − injected, ideal for scenes like “when I inject more than 1,000 W, start the water heater”) and Battery;
  • three widgets: Energy Flow (real-time production, consumption, grid, and battery, daily balance, and Refresh button), Solar Production (day, month, year, total, and curve) and Battery (gauge, power, state).

The SolarEdge API is limited to 300 requests per day: the integration is built around this limit (a single shared read for all devices, a counter that refuses to exceed the budget), and the widgets cost no requests.

Installation: Gladys 5.1 minimum; in the SolarEdge portal, create an API key (Admin → Site Access); Integrations → SolarEdge → Install, paste the key, Test Connection; Discovery tab to add devices; the widgets are in the dashboard editor.

Repository: GitHub - guim31/gladys-solaredge: Gladys Assistant external integration to connect SolarEdge ecosystem. · GitHub

I don’t have a SolarEdge battery: feedback from those who do is particularly welcome :folded_hands:

1 Like