Gladys Assistant 5.1.4 is available! A small maintenance release, mainly with CalDAV and Broadlink fixes based on your feedback.
Fun fact: this is the very first release where it wasn’t @pierre-gilles who clicked the button! It was @bertrandda and I who prepared and published this version. Don’t worry, he still wrote a good part of the fixes
CalDAV
Calendars where some events use a timezone like « GMT+0200 » (iCloud in particular) are syncing again. Until now, a single one of these events blocked the entire calendar.
More broadly, an unreadable event is now ignored, instead of preventing the synchronization of all the others.
Events whose title, location, or description specifies a language no longer display as « [object Object] ».
Broadlink
The Broadlink outlet widget now displays their real status, even after a dashboard reload or a press on the outlet’s physical button.
Turning on or off an SP4 outlet no longer returns an error.
An unreachable outlet no longer blocks the update of other Broadlink devices.
Zigbee2mqtt
The Zigbee2mqtt container managed by Gladys is updated to 2.14.2, with new supported devices and fixes. It updates itself on Gladys restart.
Messages
The daily purge still deletes messages older than 15 days, and now keeps a maximum of the 1000 most recent messages per user. Installations that had accumulated tens of thousands of messages will be relieved.
Update
The update is done as usual from Settings → System, or automatically if you have enabled automatic updates.
It feels strange to see a version of Gladys released without me clicking the button myself, and it’s very good news!
As I announced in this topic, I will be on paternity leave at the end of the year. So that the project can continue to move forward during my absence, I proposed to Cyril and Bertrand to take the helm, and they accepted A huge thank you to them
To ensure a smooth transition, they will be steering the next releases from now on, while I’m still here to support them. This 5.1.4 is the first!
Beyond my leave, this is above all an opportunity to open the project even further, so that it no longer depends on a single person.
With version 5, I genuinely believe that Gladys has little to envy from other market solutions, and I am convinced that our approach to external integrations is among the best out there today. With these ambitions, Gladys can no longer be a one-developer project: we need to think bigger and take inspiration from the workings of major open-source projects (multiple maintainers, code reviews, regular releases).
Gladys is making huge strides at the moment (even though I am a Home Assistant user).
And don’t worry about seeing other people besides @pierre-gilles validating updates, quite the opposite.
A product that relies on just one person is more than risky, so seeing other people taking over is more than reassuring: it’s necessary. So, thank you to those who are taking over from @pierre-gilles because they are helping to ensure Gladys’s longevity.