Migration HA to Gladys - backups

Hi! The pain in the neck is back!:scream:

Let’s start with some news about my migration.

AdGuardHome is working well. I’ve installed the printer management integration.

My HA sees Gladys.

Today’s question is about backups. Indeed, an operational installation includes many settings and automations that, taken one by one, don’t take much time to set up but will be time-consuming to recreate in the event of a computer problem.

I assume there must be tools. I’ve seen Proxmox Backup, but I’m a bit afraid of adding the complexity of Proxmox.

Thanks for your insights.

Hi @Diabolo :sweat_smile:
When you talk about backups, I assume you’re talking about Gladys backups.

The simplest and fastest answer: automatic daily backups with Gladys Plus. It’s paid, but it gives you access to other services and, above all, helps support the project.

Answer for a (free) manual backup of Gladys: you need to stop all the dockers so that there is no more access to the SQL and DuckDB databases to avoid database corruption, copy all the files in the data directory, then restart Gladys. I imagine this can be automated via a script.

Answer for Proxmox Backup: you need a Proxmox and Proxmox Backup :sweat_smile: I won’t go any further as I don’t use this part.

For my part, it’s Gladys Plus, and I also have a Proxmox cluster that backs up all my VMs and LXCs (but not the Proxmox Backup module), so I’m relaxed because I can restore a full image or just a Gladys Plus backup.

Thanks for this detailed answer. Indeed, I was talking about backing up Gladys. The manual solution may work for me, at least to start with.