Lost all my dashboard, devices, scenes, etc.

Hello everyone, I lost everything due to multiple update freezes, and I just realized that Gladys Plus didn’t make any backups; I didn’t either :frowning:

Do I have to start from scratch or do I have a chance to recover Gladys?

Would it be possible to communicate with an admin directly without having to go through this forum, because with the AI, I spent many hours typing a lot of lines of code without being able to find something that works.

My last backup would be from August 15th, I think it was my first connection.

Thank you for your help

Well, I think that AI and spending hours typing commands, you have to be careful.
For information on my Gladys, apart from the docker command and system update commands, I have never launched anything else since the installation. The rest is all done in the interface.

The problem now is that we don’t know what you have done and what state your system is in.

If you have Gladys Plus, then you will have a more recent backup.

Have you tried restoring a backup from Gladys Plus?

Yes, I completely understand your first lines and I agree 100%.

For the backups, I connected locally because Gladys Plus no longer works. I have the number of people, but I have no backups.

and since it’s supposed to back up every night, I’ve never done a manual backup.

I just started a backup to see how it integrates with gladys, and it failed

"Error: Request failed with status code 403"
Maybe since August 15th, this has been happening every night?

What isn’t working with Gladys Plus? Can you give us more details? With screenshots or other information that would help us understand

With the URL « ’ Gladys Assistant ' »

Read the sentence in red, it explains everything. Go to your local instance and activate the account that can connect to Gladys Plus.
If you’ve never done that, that’s probably the problem. And from your local instance with the IP of your machine where Gladys is, can you connect?

I’ve been on Gladys Plus since the beginning, around mid-August, and it worked fine until yesterday.

I’m connected locally using Gladys’s IP address; it’s the only way to connect to Gladys for now. In the Gladys Plus tab, at the very top, I have "Gladys Plus

Your Gladys Plus account is configured."

When I select my first name with the Gladys Plus URL, it shows me an error message.

I assume my Gladys Plus account is activated.

Is your name checked locally as indicated by the red message?

Well spotted, the 4 users were unchecked, I hadn’t noticed. It worked straight away after that. What a dummy!!!

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Backups

This feature is not available on your Gladys Plus plan. You need to upgrade to a higher plan to access backups.

Gladys Plus

Upgrade to Plus to enable backups

Encrypted backups are included in the Plus plan. You can change your plan from billing in one click.

  • Encrypted daily backups (E2E)
  • One-click restore from any installation
  • Secure remote access included

Does this mean I can’t back up my installation with my subscription?

I think the backups I mentioned are actually meant to be stored in the cloud.

Do you have the Lite formula?
If so, backups are not included. Yes, these are cloud backups.

Yes, I have the Lite

In this case, backups are not included, which is why you have nothing after August 15th.
The commands you ran must have deleted elements in your database so that you no longer have your dashboards.
Since you use AI, you could ask it for a script to make local backups already. But be careful when manipulating the database if Gladys is writing to it.

You summed up the situation well.

I was almost sure that backups were being made, without having read the subscription details. It’s so essential to do backups; but well.

Indeed, the AI suggested a script to me. I’ll see what it offers, but first, I prefer to finish my dashboard.

Thanks for your help :wink: