Thoughts on notifications and messages

Hi everyone :waving_hand:

I’m bringing up the topic of notifications that Gladys could send to users, a feature that currently doesn’t exist.

When I first asked about this, I was suggested to use Telegram, but here’s why I think that solution isn’t suitable.

Personally, among other things, I use Gladys to manage the security of my home. Cameras film the entrances with opening sensors on the windows and doors. I would like a scene to alert me on my phone, whether I’m at home or not, if someone is in the garden, if a door has opened, etc.

As it stands, the only way Gladys can notify me is by sending a « message » on Telegram or ntfy. I’ve tried both. I would like an « urgent » notification (so that it rings even in silent mode), but that doesn’t exist with these apps. I’ve rigged up an automation on my iPhone to get around this and shout « Alarm » when I receive a notification from one of the apps. In short.

The problem is that my phone can’t differentiate a Telegram/ntfy message of the type « alarm » from a message of the type « Gladys has been updated ». And that’s twice that my phone has rung in the middle of the night for this :sweat_smile:

(And on top of that, it conditions the use of Telegram or ntfy exclusively for Gladys)

  1. Would it be possible not to send update information on all configured messaging channels? Or how to manage this differently?

  2. Is a push notification system in the works (if it’s with Gladys, I’m all in)

  3. I would like, when I receive a notification, to click on it and have it open Gladys, on the messaging. Having the messaging as a landing page for notifications seems appropriate because a scene can put whatever it wants in it (images, text, …)

This is what I had with Home Assistant, and despite all my efforts, I can’t seem to find it with Gladys :confused: