2026-08-15T21:15:58+0200 <warn> errorMiddleware.js:83 (errorMiddleware) Error: Cannot add a Service with the same UUID '00000049-0000-1000-8000-0026BB765291' as another Service in this Accessory without also defining a unique 'subtype' property.
at Accessory.addService (/src/server/services/homekit/node_modules/@homebridge/hap-nodejs/src/lib/Accessory.ts:522:17)
at /src/server/services/homekit/lib/buildAccessory.js:126:17
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at /src/server/services/homekit/lib/buildAccessory.js:116:20
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at HomeKitHandler.buildAccessory (/src/server/services/homekit/lib/buildAccessory.js:72:27)
at /src/server/services/homekit/lib/createBridge.js:37:27
at Array.map (<anonymous>)
at HomeKitHandler.createBridge (/src/server/services/homekit/lib/createBridge.js:37:6) at reset (/src/server/services/homekit/api/homekit.controller.js:22:5)
On my end, I didn’t have any errors, but I noticed that by default « BONJOUR » was selected and adding it to HomeKit with « BONJOUR » didn’t work
By using « AVAHI » everything is fine
I had to redo the HomeKit integration because I messed up on my Gladys DEV server, that’s how I realized the issue with « AVAHI » and « BONJOUR »
I have a somewhat particular network at home and maybe « BONJOUR » works for other people
I just tried with avahi and I’m going to try others because, look at the last line
HAP-NodeJS WARNING: The accessory 'Detecteur_Cave' has an invalid 'Name' characteristic ('Detecteur_Cave'). Please use only alphanumeric, space, and apostrophe characters. Ensure it starts and ends with an alphabetic or numeric character, and avoid emojis. This may prevent the accessory from being added in the Home App or cause unresponsiveness.
HAP-NodeJS WARNING: The accessory 'Detecteur_Cave' has an invalid 'Name' characteristic ('Detecteur_Cave'). Please use only alphanumeric, space, and apostrophe characters. Ensure it starts and ends with an alphabetic or numeric character, and avoid emojis. This may prevent the accessory from being added in the Home App or cause unresponsiveness.
HAP-NodeJS WARNING: The accessory 'Detecteur_Cave' has an invalid 'Name' characteristic ('Detecteur_Cave'). Please use only alphanumeric, space, and apostrophe characters. Ensure it starts and ends with an alphabetic or numeric character, and avoid emojis. This may prevent the accessory from being added in the Home App or cause unresponsiveness.
HAP-NodeJS WARNING: The accessory 'Detecteur_Cave' has an invalid 'Name' characteristic ('Detecteur_Cave'). Please use only alphanumeric, space, and apostrophe characters. Ensure it starts and ends with an alphabetic or numeric character, and avoid emojis. This may prevent the accessory from being added in the Home App or cause unresponsiveness.
[Gladys 6BCA] The selected advertiser, "avahi", isn't available on this platform. Reverting to "ciao"
So I have almost all my z2m devices exposed to HomeKit with this message:
HAP-NodeJS WARNING: The accessory 'detecteur_fumee_03' has an invalid 'Name' characteristic ('detecteur_fumee_03'). Please use only alphanumeric, space, and apostrophe characters. Ensure it starts and ends with an alphabetic or numeric character, and avoid emojis. This may prevent the accessory from being added in the Home App or cause unresponsiveness.
That said, there is still an error when I click on ‹ restart ›
2026-08-15T21:43:58+0200 <warn> errorMiddleware.js:83 (errorMiddleware) Error: Cannot add a Service with the same UUID '00000049-0000-1000-8000-0026BB765291' as another Service in this Accessory without also defining a unique 'subtype' property.
at Accessory.addService (/src/server/services/homekit/node_modules/@homebridge/hap-nodejs/src/lib/Accessory.ts:522:17)
at /src/server/services/homekit/lib/buildAccessory.js:126:17
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at /src/server/services/homekit/lib/buildAccessory.js:116:20
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at HomeKitHandler.buildAccessory (/src/server/services/homekit/lib/buildAccessory.js:72:27)
at /src/server/services/homekit/lib/createBridge.js:37:27
at Array.map (<anonymous>)
at HomeKitHandler.createBridge (/src/server/services/homekit/lib/createBridge.js:37:6) at reload (/src/server/services/homekit/api/homekit.controller.js:10:5)
And if I choose to put all the devices, which I had done first, nothing is added. When I choose manually, I have a lot of errors of the same type as the cellar detector. We will have to plan an alphanumeric conversion @pierre-gilles, I fear!
HAP-NodeJS WARNING: The accessory 'Thermomètre Chambre parents ' has an invalid 'Name' characteristic ('Thermomètre Chambre parents '). Please use only alphanumeric, space, and apostrophe characters. Ensure it starts and ends with an alphabetic or numeric character, and avoid emojis. This may prevent the accessory from being added in the Home App or cause unresponsiveness.
HAP-NodeJS WARNING: The accessory 'Thermomètre Chambre parents ' has an invalid 'Name' characteristic ('Thermomètre Chambre parents '). Please use only alphanumeric, space, and apostrophe characters. Ensure it starts and ends with an alphabetic or numeric character, and avoid emojis. This may prevent the accessory from being added in the Home App or cause unresponsiveness.
HAP-NodeJS WARNING: The accessory 'Thermomètre Chambre parents ' has an invalid 'Name' characteristic ('Thermomètre Chambre parents '). Please use only alphanumeric, space, and apostrophe characters. Ensure it starts and ends with an alphabetic or numeric character, and avoid emojis. This may prevent the accessory from being added in the Home App or cause unresponsiveness.
Two Gladys categories lead to the same HomeKit service — siren and switch
both give a Switch, it’s the UUID 00000049 in your error. A
device that has both produces two identical services, which HomeKit
rejects. And since the bridge built all its accessories in one go, a single
faulty device prevented the entire bridge from publishing.
Immediate workaround, without deleting anything: in the HomeKit settings,
switch exposure to selection mode and uncheck the device that has both a
“Sirene On/Off” feature and a “Switch” feature. This is reversible, unlike
deletion.
The PR also fixes two things found along the way: a failing device is now
removed alone, with its name in the logs, and the 149 accessory limit of a
HomeKit bridge is respected instead of failing the publication.
The “invalid ‹ Name › characteristic” warnings are harmless and
disappear with the fix, which cleans the names (underscores, parentheses, °, trailing space). Accents have never been a problem: no need to
rename your devices.