Gladys by the end of 2026: big news and an ambitious plan 🚀

Thank you all for your messages :slightly_smiling_face: We can’t wait!

On the thermostat

A quick important reminder: the feature has already been developed by @Will_71 :backhand_index_pointing_right: here

What’s missing today isn’t development, it’s testers and feedback on the PR. So far, there’s only been one tester in a month, which explains the current prioritization.

So if the thermostat interests you, now is the time to act: go test it and give Will your feedback on his work! :folded_hands:

If the tests are done, the result is great, and it suits a good majority of users, all I’ll have left to do is validate it and click on « Merge ». Under these conditions, it can definitely move up in my priority list :slightly_smiling_face:

On my time before the end of the year

If the delivery happens at the beginning of November, I only have 17 working days left. And out of these 17 days, some will inevitably go to administration, support, and infrastructure, so there’s less left for pure development.

That’s why I want to focus this time on what has a multiplier effect, and today it’s the work on external integrations that has this effect: each door opened allows the entire community to build on it, even during my absence.

Yes, of course, in 2027! :slightly_smiling_face:

Here I’m only talking about my last working days before my paternity leave.

@Chris75 For this last sprint before my paternity leave, I prioritize what has a multiplier effect, and for me, those are the external integrations :slightly_smiling_face:

The goal is simple: for the project to move forward without me, and for me to no longer be the bottleneck.

If I manage to get through my list (let’s be honest, the chances are slim), I will of course take up these topics before my departure.

Otherwise, don’t worry: all ongoing topics will be picked up again upon my return. Nothing is abandoned, it’s just a matter of order!