External integration - ZwaveJS

Today I recommend you to switch to the external integration developed by @Sescandell.

I just started the transition to external integration.

I don’t understand what needs to be done for

3. Migrate each device: the operation moves its history and rewrites the
   references in your scenes and dashboards. As long as the native integration
   is not marked as deprecated in Gladys, the migration does not yet
   have a button — call the API directly, once per device:

   ```
   POST /api/v1/device/<internal-device-selector>/migrate
   {
     "destination_device_selector": "<new-device-selector>",
     "features_mapping": {
       "<source-feature-selector>": "<destination-feature-selector>"
     }
   }
   ```

Do I just need to put each device in its room and save?

In the external integration, you add the found devices to Gladys.
Then you go back and do the internal integration and for each device you will have a Migrate (or Migration) button: you choose which device from the external integration you want to migrate it to and you confirm.
It will take some time, I advise you to do it one by one even if it’s long.
Once it’s migrated, the device from the internal integration disappears, only the one from the external integration remains.
This migration allows you to migrate all data with history, modify and update scenes and dashboards.
It works very well, I’ve been through it :wink:

Ok,

I clicked on Save for a device in the external integration.

When I go to the internal integration and click on Migrate, a window opens and asks me to which device.

But it also tells me that some features will not be migrated because there is no match.

Are these features of the devices that were not used by Z-Wave JS UI in the internal integration and will be in the external one?

Or are these features that I simply wasn’t using?

I don’t know what to do?

You actually need to check if you were using them, otherwise there’s no need.
If they were used, then you need to check with @Sescandell if everything is the same, meaning if the old and new ones have the same features.
On some modules I have, there were differences due to the evolution of zwave-js and it was added or modified.

However, you would need the module info (name, model) because it’s difficult with just this screenshot.

Try it on the modules that have all their useful correspondences for you.

What are the options available in the dropdown where it says « do not migrate Â»? It might just be a renaming change.

Show me the options offered

The 4 features of the Internal version are those that will not be migrated to the External version.
The device is a Qubino Flush Pilot ZMNHJD: (I have 4 of them)

Screenshot 2026-10-04 at 20-47-25 Z-Wave JS UI

These Qubino devices now only have 4 features left:

I had to not migrate some features, I had no choice.

What you need to check is if you use them in scenes, that will be more complicated.

That’s surprising. Could you please give me the zwavejsui log that contains the device definition?

One explanation could be that the new module manages thermostats, which wasn’t the case before. And I can see values that look like a thermostat. The device’s JSON will help us see more clearly.

Thanks,

I got this information from the internal integration.

Is this what you wanted?

Or rather this?

DEBUG Z-Wave JZ UI

That second link was what I was interested in.
I’ll take a look as soon as I have a few minutes to see if I missed anything.

Thanks