Integration: Viessmann ViCare (boilers and heat pumps)

Hello everyone,

I present to you Viessmann ViCare, a new external integration that connects Viessmann boilers (gas, oil) and heat pumps to Gladys via the ViCare app. It goes through the Viessmann cloud.

What you get

For each boiler or heat pump, the integration creates devices, with only the features that your model offers:

  • A thermostat per heating circuit: setpoint (current program temperature), mode (off, heating, cooling, automatic), operating status, ambient and flow temperatures. Each circuit can be placed in its room.
  • Domestic hot water: setpoint, mode (on recent devices and heat pumps), ballon boost, heating in progress, ballon temperature.
  • The generator: outside, boiler, flow and return temperatures, burner or compressor (running, number of starts, operating hours), daily gas and electricity consumption.

Temperatures and consumptions are stored in Gladys’ history.

Prerequisites

  • Gladys 5.1 or newer
  • A Viessmann device visible in the ViCare app
  • A client on the Viessmann developer portal. It is free and is created with your ViCare account. The free offer allows 1450 API calls per day, which is enough.

Installation

The boiler I’m supposed to use for testing is not yet connected, so I couldn’t do real tests and therefore preferred not to fully publish the integration. To install and test the integration.

  1. Install Viessmann ViCare from the Gladys integrations catalog. Click on Install from GitHub and enter https://github.com/bertrandda/gladys-viessmann
  2. On the Viessmann developer portal, create a client with the redirect URI https://my.gladysassistant.com/redirect/oauth (the address displayed under the Connect button in Gladys), then copy its client identifier (Client ID).
  3. In the Configuration tab of the integration, paste the client identifier, save, then click on Connect and log in with your ViCare account.
  4. Click on Test connection to see what has been found, then add your devices from the Discovery tab.

API Quota

The Viessmann API is limited to 1450 calls per day. The integration reads all the data from a gateway in a single call, every 120 seconds by default, i.e. approximately 720 calls per day. The interval is adjustable and adapts to the number of gateways. If the quota is reached, the integration pauses until its renewal and indicates this in the configuration screen.

Your feedback

This is a first version and as I told you I couldn’t test it yet so in case of problem, indicate your model, the message of the Test connection button and the integration logs (they never contain your credentials).

cc @ruegerth

Hi bertranda,

Great, I’m happy to test. Preparations are underway:

  • A new Gladys Assistant installation, completely empty and fresh, except for two community integrations for Roku and DNLA by Guim31.
  • Viessmann account already set up.

I’ll get back to you.

Best regards

Tom

Hi,

First feedback:

-- Connection to Viessmann worked. Maybe make it clearer to first click « Save Configuration Â» and only then on « Connect Â» … I needed one or two attempts, but in the end:

Then back to the configuration and clicked « Discover Â» and look:

Then all found devices added to Gladys: (I still need to check if I got every functionality :frowning: ) :

Congratulations so far, looks great to me. Tomorrow I’ll check the displayed values with the manufacturer app.

For info: I have a Viessmann Vitodens 200-W B2HB, product type B2HB connected with the WiFi module from Viessmann

Regards

Tom