Restart Zigbee and enable/disable pairing

In the Zigbee2mqtt integration, it would be great to be able to manage the following in the ‹ configuration › tab:

  • restart the Zigbee manager
  • enable/disable pairing

These actions are of course possible from the Zigbee console, but it would be more intuitive to be able to do them without leaving Gladys.

And for the restart, it would be great if it could be accessible as an action in a scene, to be able to trigger it regularly.

Isn’t it Allow pairing?

Ben si, absolutely… You’ll believe me or not, but I had never noticed that button in Gladys before!

However, weird thing, when I displayed the page for the first time, the button in Gladys was ‹ on › while the status in the zigbee console was ‹ off ›. But then, by enabling/disabling in Gladys or in the Zigbee console, the sync works fine… An initial display bug? But I can’t reproduce it…

Well, so the request now only concerns the restart (which I’m currently doing via node-red with the command docker container restart gladys-z2m-zigbee2mqtt)

Otherwise, Zigbee2mqtt already offers a « Restart » button in its interface :slight_smile:

Yes, I had indeed noticed that. But I would like to be able to schedule this Zigbee reset from time to time from a Gladys scene.

On my setup, I noticed that some devices lose the Zigbee connection, and that doing a reset in zigbee2mqtt forces the issue and restores these connections. Hence the need for a regular reset (once a night).

Apparently:

To restart Zigbee2MQTT via MQTT, publish an empty message on the topic zigbee2mqtt/bridge/request/restart

Never tested though :frowning:

EDIT: Just tested successfully in MQTT Explorer :slight_smile: !

It might be better to fix the problem at the source rather than adding somewhat esoteric behaviors to Gladys :smiley:

I have never restarted Zigbee2mqtt, yet I have a beautiful Zigbee installation!

It actually works from a Gladys scene with the action Send a Zigbee2Mqtt message and by sending the message "". Thanks!

You’re right, yes. I just need a bit of time to investigate the issue…