Hello,
Tomorrow evening I will start developing a monitoring integration for Zigbee.
Indeed, as seen in this topic, the battery sensor indications are unreliable:
Iâm sharing a Node-Red flow with you to measure the reception time of a Zigbee sensor signal. If the time between each signal reception is greater than 24H (configurable) then a Telegram alert is sent. I created this function because the battery indication of Zigbee sensors is not reliable and several times I was caught out on a temperature when the sensor was no longer working. This can be annoying when you need this value in a scene. Now I know if one of my sensors no longer sends data after 2âŠ
It is therefore necessary to be alerted when a sensor no longer shows signs of life
Iâll keep you posted here when I have a stable version available in the store
The integration is available :
https://github.com/prohand/gladys-z2m-devices-monitor
Please read the documentation to understand how it works:
# Z2M Devices Monitor â documentation
Cette intégration surveille vos appareils Zigbee2MQTT et vous alerte quand l'un
d'eux **ne donne plus signe de vie**.
## Pourquoi ne pas se fier Ă la batterie
Le pourcentage de batterie remonté par un appareil Zigbee est une estimation
grossiĂšre, rarement rafraĂźchie et souvent fausse : une pile CR2032 affiche
couramment 100 % jusqu'au jour oĂč le capteur cesse de rĂ©pondre. Et surtout, la
batterie ne dit rien des autres façons de mourir : un appareil débranché, sorti
du réseau, qui a perdu sa route ou dont le routeur parent est tombé.
Un appareil Zigbee vivant **parle**. Les capteurs envoient leurs mesures, les
routeurs répondent, tout se manifeste au moins périodiquement. Le seul fait
vraiment fiable est donc : _quand ai-je entendu cet appareil pour la derniĂšre
fois ?_ â et la seule question utile : _se tait-il depuis plus longtemps qu'il ne
le devrait ?_
C'est exactement ce que fait cette intégration.
Ce fichier a été tronqué. afficher l'original
A scene must be created to be alerted according to what is indicated here:
https://github.com/prohand/gladys-z2m-devices-monitor/blob/main/docs/fr.md#ĂȘtre-alertĂ©--crĂ©er-la-scĂšne
Donât hesitate to report your comments / bugs to me
Integration installed and scene built in 5 minutes, thatâs great. And largely thanks to the hyper-clear explanations.
Well done @prohand and thanks, because itâs going to be very useful for me to no longer be fooled by a âč sleeping âș sensor.
Small bug on my production instance that I didnât have on my dev:
Fix applied in version 1.0.2:
StephaneB:
Integration installed and scene built in 5 minutes, itâs great. And largely thanks to the hyper-clear explanations.
Bravo @prohand and thank you, because itâs going to be very useful for me to no longer be fooled by a âč sleeping âș sensor.
Thanks
Attention on the scene I just corrected a typo where you must not forget to recover the state:
Yes. I did it instinctively, and then I thought I should let you know so you could adjust. But you were faster
guim31
August 14, 2026, 6:33pm
7
Hi @prohand and thanks for your work!
Lazy question⊠I have a lot of devices, I canât see myself adding them one by one to gladys in your integration. Could we add an « Add all » button?
guim31:
Hi @prohand and thanks for your work!
Lazy question⊠I have a lot of devices, I donât see myself adding them one by one to gladys in your integration. Could we add an « Add All » button?
Hi
Here is the AIâs response:
I checked the functionality on the Gladys side before answering, because there is a fundamental constraint.
The « Add » button on this screen belongs to the core of Gladys, not to the integration. The Discovery screen (front/âŠ/external-integration/discover-page/) displays a card per published device, and each button makes a POST /api/v1/device with the userâs JWT. The host API for integrations (/api/integration/v1/âŠ) only exposes status, discovered_device, device (read), state, config, container⊠â no device creation route. An integration can propose devices, but never create them. Therefore, an « Add All » button in the integration configuration screen is not technically possible.
Iâll let you create a feature request following this feedback
guim31
August 14, 2026, 7:55pm
9
Iâm not sure this request is very useful if it involves the core of Gladys. Iâll just take the time to click
Hello @prohand . In your integration, would you be able to manage the following things:
in your âč supervision âș tab:
restart the Zigbee manager (and it would be great if it were accessible in a scene, to trigger it regularly)
enable/disable pairing
in your âč device âș tab:
rename a device (i.e., give it a name different from 0x⊠in the Zigbee interface, and have Gladys take it into account to not lose data history, and usage in scenes and dashboards)
Hi @StephaneB
This integration is only for monitoring Zigbee elements.
Your two points could, however, I think, be the subject of an improvement request for the zigbee2mqtt integration
I canât connect to this integration. My brokerâs address is IP:1884, and I think the application wants it to be IP:1883.
I get this response.
MQTT Broker unreachable at â.â.-.â:1884 (connect ENETUNREACH 0.0.7.92:1883).
I just pushed a fix
Actually, you had to put mqtt:// before the address
With the fix, both are possible now
Connected as soon as I did your update, my 25 devices are being monitored. Thanks.
guim31
August 26, 2026, 3:57pm
15
Same for me, everything is ready!!
Thanks for the work!
Hi @guim31 ,
Iâm in the same situation as you: already 55 Zigbee gadgets, and more are coming⊠So, a bulk add would be great
Hello,
This is related to the core and not the plugin as indicated here, a feature request needs to be made:
Hi
Here is the AIâs response:
I checked the functionality on the Gladys side before answering, because there is a fundamental constraint.
The « Add » button on this screen belongs to the core of Gladys, not to the integration. The Discovery screen (front/âŠ/external-integration/discover-page/) displays a card per published device, and each button makes a POST /api/v1/device with the userâs JWT. The host API for integrations (/api/integration/v1/âŠ) only exposes status, discoverâŠ
prohand
September 22, 2026, 9:08pm
18
Version 2 is out with widgets, triggers and actions
Great, Iâve done the update, and I found the integration widget again, itâs very clear.
Iâll let it run for a few days to see how it behaves
However, I didnât understand the intermediate step requiring adding Gladys in the « discovery » tab.
Couldnât this be done automatically?
prohand
September 23, 2026, 8:41pm
20
Thanks for the feedback
Iâm not sure I understand your sentence
Could you rephrase it please?
Edit: I think I understand, adding via the discovery step is necessary here because we can add multiple devices