I’m trying to integrate my Govee lamps when adding Matter devices in Gladys Assistant but despite entering the Matter pairing code retrieved from the Govee app for each lamp, the integration does not work.
The lamps are on the same network and online; I tested with the three Govee products I have and get the same error.
Not knowing Govee (the lamps look really nice!), is it Matter over Wi‑Fi or Matter over Thread?
Do you have IPv6 enabled?
In both cases, you need to pair your lamps:
Matter/Wi‑Fi: either with the Govee app (if it exists) or with the Apple Home/Google Home/etc. app (note: you’ll probably need to stay on a 2.4 GHz Wi‑Fi network rather than 5 GHz)
Matter/Thread: you need a Border Router such as an Apple TV, Amazon Echo/Alexa, Google Home, etc.
Only then can you pair with Gladys:
you go into the Govee/Apple Home app on your phone/tablet and you « share » the device
you get a number/QR code (different from the original one, normally)
finally you add that number to the Matter integration in Gladys.
Keep us posted on your progress.
EDIT : I may have gone off-topic re-reading your post
So can you, for example, share a lamp from your Govee app to Apple Home (judging by your avatar )?
If so then you can try sharing again from Apple Home to Gladys.
Thank you very much for the feedback, you ultimately need to make the very first connection of the lamp to Matter before connecting the lamps to the Govee Home app and Alexa (within 15 minutes after the first Matter use).
Remove the lamp from my Govee Home app, power the device back on, enter the Matter code present on each label of the compatible Govee lamps => pairing OK.
As a result Gladys retrieves via Matter the following features:
on/off
brightness adjustment
color change
For scene changes, use Govee Home or Alexa
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and have a good weekend.
Hello Nicolas, hello everyone, I followed your technique and it doesn’t work for me. I’m not sure where it’s stuck? I uninstalled the Govee Home app lamp and removed it from Alexa. Then, I tried to add it to Gladys without success, « no Matter device found ». My Matter code is in the format XXXX-XXX-XXXX, I tried it like that and also without the hyphens but the result is the same. I should mention that I’m very new to Gladys, that might explain it :-). If you have any ideas, I’m all ears. Thanks in advance