After a first unsuccessful trial of Gladys out of curiosity (probably due to a lack of patience), I continued to follow the developments. The news about Matter encouraged me to try a new installation.
I installed Gladys on a mini PC running Linux Mint. I also installed the Sonoff Zigbee dongle.
All my Zigbee components work,
Sonoff: temperature, presence sensor, opening
Lidl: LED bulb
Moes: BP
I created scenes linking BP and bulbs.
Encouraged by these successes, I bought a Matter bulb from Moes and a basic-1gs relay. And now, when I start the Matter integration, I enter the 11-digit code, and neither of the devices is detected.
I understood that there is no need for a hub or an intermediate dongle,
I have the following message
It is not possible to add this Matter device to Gladys. Check that:
The device is on the same network as Gladys
Gladys is launched with network=host
If you are using a Thread Border Router, you must use a pairing code provided by the router’s application (see warning above)
I don’t understand the first point
How do I check the second one
I am not concerned by the third (normally!)
I have two goals:
Control my Somfy RTS shutters and monitor my future Atlantic heat pump
Create a home automation group around Gladys in my fablab club
In the Matter settings, do you have the indicator that says an IPv6 interface is available on this machine? That’s the hassle I had when I started on my side.
Regarding network=host, if you installed Gladys with the exact command specified in the documentation, it’s fine.
Are these 2 devices Matter over WiFi?
or Matter over Thread?
The first one will work with your WiFi network, not the second one where you will need a gateway.
Personally, for a Sonoff double switch, I had to pair it with my iPhone and the Home app, then share the switch, retrieved a new code that I put into Gladys.
I don’t know if it’s a bug on Gladys’s side or not for now but my method works.
I installed it with the commands in line as well as watchtower (auto updates are great).
Both devices are well in Matter over WiFi and IPv6 active.
Moes uses Tuya, Sonoff uses the eWeLink app, and each time requires an online registration, which I wanted to avoid. I thought Gladys didn’t need a hub, what a shame.
I found a Jacobsen Matter bulb, it’s even worse, no message. The app is called Myko, I tried to install it but it wasn’t possible because I don’t have a Google account (I install my apps with Aurora).
I liked Matter for its very local aspect… like Zigbee.
I used Google in the last century and it was really good, the big beast it has become scares me a bit…
I bought the Tahoma connectivity kit for my RTS roller shutters, so I need to connect this little Box.
For those « like me » who go too fast and/or don’t read and/or overcomplicate things, you need to use the « simple » Tahoma app (not the green house or the pro one) — after that, it’s easy, the app is well designed.
Then I followed the tutorial « Somfy and Matter: Control your TaHoma shutters in Gladys », well since then the Matterbridge icons have evolved a bit but it works great, all my shutters are in the Matter devices.