Adding device feature category: NO₂, SO₂ and O₃

Hello,

Following a request about external integration, I have brought up these 3 new pieces of information:

Claude had indeed noted the blocking point:

The blocking point

The CLAUDE.md stated that NO₂, O₃, and SO₂ do not have a concentration category in Gladys and that only their sub-index could be published.

Is it possible to add these device functionality categories on par with PM10 and PM2.5, please? :slight_smile:

Thank you

Request accepted

It’s in dev :wink:

The PR is here:

And Claude’s feedback at the end of development:

Two points to note

Zigbee2MQTT has not been wired: it does not expose a standard property for these gases, I did not want to invent a key name.
Matter also does not: the NitrogenDioxideConcentrationMeasurement clusters are already mapped on the Gladys side to no2-matter-index-sensor (a level 0-4, not a concentration). Connecting them would require reading the MeasuredValue attribute in addition to the LevelValue — feasible, but it’s a separate project.
The badge compares the raw value to thresholds without converting the unit: a feature declared in mg/m³ will be incorrectly colored. This is the current behavior of PM2.5/PM10, I kept it the same rather than diverging on three categories.

And it’s tested with MQTT devices :slight_smile:

@pierre-gilles
I fixed what cursor flagged in the PR :wink:
Do we also need to fix what coderabbit flagged?

Great!

Just tell Claude « There are comments on the PR » in the conversation where you did the development, and Claude reads all the comments, responds to messages on his own, advises on the feedback to be addressed, and only implements if he agrees with the feedback (not all feedback is relevant, it’s a debate!).

@prohand I’ve checked and it’s good for me, thanks for the PR! It’s merged.

No problem, I’ll do this next time :slight_smile:

Thanks :wink:

I am closing this post as the feature is available in Gladys Assistant 4.86: