Oh, it’s not as cool as I thought! I need to buy another product ![]()
And thanks for this info
So I bought the Somfy connectivity kit and here is the result for my products:
- IO blinds: it works directly and we get the status feedback. You can also use the original remote control at the same time and you also get the status feedback in Gladys
- RTS gate and garage door: you need this relay remote control for the installation that allows you to program 2 codes. However, there is no status feedback. And if you use the original remote controls at the same time, Gladys does not update the status of the gate (or door).
This is the main drawback of RTS: no status feedback.
If you’re still controlling with Gladys, you can set timers; that’s the principle behind the matterbridge-tahoma-somfy plugin.
For example, a gate takes 48 seconds to open: the plugin calculates the time it takes to open, and once that timer has passed, it says: it’s open! But of course, no one really knows if that’s the absolute truth ![]()
What I did back when I was controlling my old garage motor (not connected) with a Z-Wave impulse module (you send a single command to close, stop, or open), I installed sensors for the closed and open positions to know where the door was at the end of the command.
But that was all the information we could get.
So with that, even if I opened or closed it with the remote, I could know in the home automation system whether it was open or closed.
Now I have fewer questions because I’ve replaced it with a Somfy IO motor ![]()
Indeed, to know the status, I will install sensors:
by the way, are there any IP65 sensors (weather-resistant)?