External integration - Overkiz: VR and Somfy/Velux stores

hi @cicoub13
can you make a rejected connection appear in red?


At first I thought I was properly connected before reading the details :frowning:

Green when it works is great :wink:

I’m looking at all this. Can you give me the model of your garage door? It’s a tough RTS. It’ll help me analyze better.

It’s cloud. There’s a request here to go through the local API, but it’s much more finicky (developer mode activation, box firmware that can break the API, mandatory fixed IP, only compatible with Somfy and not Atlantic, Thermor, …)

perfect for me :joy:

I only have IO at home because the connection only supports this protocol.
My garage door motor is a Serenia 1100 io.

And for info, there is a light on the motor that is well recovered as a light only, which I also have on the mobile app.

And now that I just wrote that, I looked at the app for the garage door features and I don’t have a slider, so what is reported in the integration is accurate.


I made a new version v1.1.1 for:

  • making the error message red (thanks for the feedback)
  • handling RTS garage doors (which work with a cycle)
  • adding a log when a shutter/door has no open/close function

If you update and run a new discovery, you should have a message like this in the logs

[WARN] [...] Serenia 1100 io (GarageDoor) has no open/close command. Available Overkiz commands: ...

Does this integration also work with the Somfy « connectivity kit » (2x cheaper than the Tahoma Switch): https://www.somfy.fr/produits/1870755/kit-de-connectivite

Here’s what I want to control:
1 IO remote for awning
1 RTS remote for gate

Hello. Yes, for the IO protocol (that’s what I have at home). For RTS, I think so too but haven’t tested it.

Is it the « connectivity kit » that you have at your place?

Yes

Yes, exactly

Here is a small list of the compatibilities and specificities of Somfy boxes (from Claude):

Box Status Network Connection Radio Protocols Local API Voice Assistants Max Number of Devices
TaHoma « V1 » This product is no longer marketed Ethernet (RJ45) IO, RTS, Z-Wave (optional) and EnOcean (optional) :cross_mark: No — explicitly excluded by Somfy from Developer Mode compatibility Alexa arrived later in its lifecycle, no native Google Home/HomeKit ~200 io (announced at the time, not guaranteed today)
TaHoma Premium V2 Discontinued since May 2021, replaced by the Switch Ethernet (RJ45) IO, RTS, Z-Wave :white_check_mark: Yes Alexa, Google Home; partial HomeKit (io devices only) ~200 io / ~50 RTS (variable depending on configuration)
TaHoma Switch Marketed Wi‑Fi 2.4 GHz (Ethernet RJ45 adapter sold separately) IO, RTS, Zigbee 3.0 :white_check_mark: Yes Google Home, Amazon Alexa and Apple HomeKit 200 io / 50 RTS / 45 Zigbee 3.0
TaHoma DIN‑Rail / Rail‑DIN S Marketed Wi-Fi or Ethernet IO, RTS and Zigbee 3.0 (lighting only) :white_check_mark: Yes Somfy, partners and voice assistants, HomeKit compatible since S1 2022 Comparable to the Switch
Connexoon This product is no longer marketed Ethernet (RJ45) IO only, does not manage RTS :white_check_mark: Yes Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa and Apple HomeKit REX mutmut: 20 devices without issue
Connectivity Kit Marketed Wi‑Fi IO, RTS :cross_mark: No — the developer mode has been disabled by Somfy on these boxes Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple HomeKit 20 devices maximum

For local (when it comes) and/or automated scenarios via the app, the connectivity kit should be avoided.

ok, but if I understood correctly, it’s currently being developed with cloud APIs? (@cicoub13)
and I could automate with scenes in Gladys?
and when it’s local, the cloud version will remain, I suppose?

Absolutely, all status updates and commands go through the cloud.
I will try to cover as many devices as possible with the current integration before tackling the local part. It’s not the development that scares me, but the complexity for the user (enabling developer mode, entering the token, etc.)

Yes, devices and features are classic elements of Gladys.

Both will coexist in the same external integration. The choice of using one or the other will be made in the configuration.

That’s perfect, thank you! So I ordered the connectivity kit!

It’s true that this might deter non-geeks, I’m already struggling to understand everything with these long messages from Claude, unreadable for me :joy:

We need to understand that those who use cloud services will continue to use the cloud, and those who want to be more at ease by no longer depending on the cloud to control their devices (privacy, internet outages, etc.) will switch to local solutions. Generally, these people are often a bit more tech-savvy than average, and manipulations won’t be a big problem for them :wink:

I have a connectivity kit and it works very well. I have rolling shutters and a gate in RTS and a garage door in IO.

Perfect: currently I have a Somfy 2-button remote control and to pair it, I have to do it next to one of the portal motors. So how do you pair the connectivity kit?

I paired mine with the garage motor, and then I was able to modify the features via the Tahoma app by adding a new remote, not simple but it worked.
Box connexoon, in IO.

@cicoub13: Yes, I’ve already seen the videos, and I understood for my IO remote control for the shutter since I have a barcode on the back,
@froch but on my RTS gate remote control I don’t have a barcode, so I was wondering if I need to place the « connectivity kit » near the gate to pair it (as I have to do with this remote control)?


You need to check the compatibility of your portal motor with the connectivity kit. There is a file on the website Recherche

My setup is 4 years old and my portal motor was not directly compatible with the connectivity kit. It was a Frevia 280 motor.

Description of the procedure to pair the portal motor with the kit

You need to buy this remote control from Somfy, but I’m not sure if it still exists.

Confirmed Compatibility:

  • The Freevia 280 motor (RTS 433,42 MHz technology) is compatible with Somfy connectivity solutions such as the Tahoma Switch or Somfy connectivity kits, provided you use a relay remote control (reference such as the REMOTE 5122078A).
  • This relay remote control allows you to link the Freevia 280 motor (RTS) to the home automation box (Tahoma Switch or other), as the Freevia 280 does not have a direct wake-up function for synchronization with the box.

Key Points to Check:

  1. Relay Remote Control Required:
    • Without this remote control, synchronization between the Freevia 280 and the Connectivity Kit (e.g., Tahoma Switch) does not work.
    • Example reference: REMOTE 5122078A.
  2. Synchronization Procedure:
    • Place the relay remote control physically on the Connectivity Kit (e.g., Tahoma Switch) during the pairing procedure.
    • Follow the Tahoma app instructions to add the Freevia 280 motor.
  3. Limitations with HomeKit:
    • The Freevia 280 (RTS) is not directly compatible with HomeKit. Only certain Somfy IO products are.
  4. Compatibility of Electronic Boxes:
    • The electronic boxes for Freevia 280/300/400/600 (ref. 9020207) are designed for RTS technology and remain compatible with Somfy connectivity solutions.

Summary of Steps:

  • Buy a relay remote control (e.g., REMOTE 5122078A).
  • Synchronize the Freevia 280 with the Connectivity Kit (Tahoma Switch) by following the official Somfy procedure.
  • Use the Tahoma app to remotely control the portal.

If you already have a Somfy Connectivity Kit (e.g., Tahoma Switch) and a relay remote control, compatibility is therefore possible. Otherwise, purchasing the relay remote control is essential.